Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday...That Means No Work for Me

Mondays. Everyone hates them. I understand why...it's because they've just enjoyed their weekend , and they have to head back to work.


Everyone, that is, except for me. I can't work on Mondays, because my kids are home.

On Mondays we are usually slow to start, and it's always been that way.

Today included doing a small food shop at Publix, because we ran out of mini juice boxes, and we need them for snack in school next week.


We were also on the lookout for Fudge Covered Ritz crackers. One word - Stupendous. I found them at Christmastime while I was in Target. They were by the front registers, so I grabbed a box. I figured that I'd give them a try. Ritz crackers...chocolate...salty goodness mixed with sweet -- what's not to like?

The good thing was that they were a "Limited Time Only" item. The bad this is that they were a "Limited Time Only" item.



So I got to thinking...Grimaldi Candies has a new storefront right over on US1. So, after we did our little food shop -- and came up empty-handed for Fudge Covered Ritz -- we headed over there to see if we could find them.



Well, they did not carry them, BUT, the (very cute) guy that I spoke with told me that if I bring a box of Ritz down to him, he'll make them for me in my choice of chocolate -- milk or dark.



For me, who HATES asking questions and inquiring about things, this was a big deal. But, a big deal that really paid off! I'll be heading to Publix tomorrow for their BOGO Ritz Crackers and deliver a box to the very nice man at Grimaldi's. I can't wait to pick them up on Friday.



The remainder of the day included a "sunny snack" in the driveway of cheese and crackers, and some carrot dip chips and broccoli and ranch dressing, some scootering and some bike riding. Then, my neighborhood BFF, Ladena, came over to talk, and she and I passed the time -- about 2.5 hours -- just chatting.

It's now 6:30, supper is finishing, and I have yet to get any work done today.

But hey, it's Monday, and I NEVER get any work done on Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment